Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gratuitous Glacier -- The Spring Melt

The light had that soft yet still distinct look to it this afternoon, so I headed out to the glacier for a quick walk before dinner...click on photos for larger versions...

You always feel compelled to get that "in context" shot...




My wife reminds me that I've got way too many "rock in front" photos...



I figure I should have a least a few shots of melting ice on a site called Mendenhall Meltdown...
 



The pussy willow was out in force. This is a sort of 
"where's Waldo" photo, but it should be "Where's Elmer?"

 


Trying to copy Michael Pen from the newspaper here...not enough of a focal plane...

 


It's always good to take one shot in the other direction, and it even has some pussy willow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind