Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Day three, la tee dee

If you read the comment section to the first post you can see that my dear mother (Montana) is my first reader to comment. She referred to blogs as globs, or blurgs, which I thought was pretty funny. Makes me wonder if anyone has a glob blog. Alas, it appears so.

As so sagely predicted by me, Bush is using the decapitation of the American contractor to switch "from defense to offense." No similar outcry has been heard about U.S. soldiers beheading Iraqis, like one of our under-reported concientious objectors talks about:

"Going home on leave in October 2003 provided me with the opportunity to put my thoughts in order and to listen to what my conscience had to say. People would ask me about my war experiences and answering them took me back to all the horrors-the firefights, the ambushes, the time I saw a young Iraqi dragged by his shoulders through a pool of his own blood, the time a man was decapitated by our machine gun fire and the time my friend shot a child through the chest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind